My Thoughts on Yelling Through the House

Quick question; Why do people yell through the house? I mean, come on, we can't be THAT lazy.
...Ok, well, I understand if you're wearing a bathrobe, laying on your bed in just the right spot, reading a perfectly good Percy Jackson book, there might be a reason to yell through the house instead of getting up, but still! (This is totally just an example. I've sure never done this, nope...Hehe...)
For instance, whenever my Mother says, "Bekah, could you go get ____ for me?" I just walk to the staircase and yell, "____! Mom needs you!" And then my Mom will sigh and say, "I could've done that, I meant go get ____." Why is yelling the default response?
You may wonder why this was brought to my attention, seeing as I do it myself.
Last Saturday, my family watched a Duck Dynasty episode, but I missed most of it. So, before Devotions--a little mini-Church service thing my family does before we go to bed--my Dad whispered to me that I could go re-watch the episode by myself after the younger kids had headed off to bed.
So, after Devotions, I was sitting at the very laptop I am currently on, emailing my friends to pass time as my younger siblings headed off to bed. When they were all finally in their joint-bedroom, I slowly logged off my email and slid out of the chair. I had just reached the stairs when my older brother, who was playing Minecraft, shouted to me, "Oh, hey, Bekah! Dad says you can go watch that episode of Duck Dynasty!"
My younger siblings stuck their head out of the door-way of their room and began flooding me with questions about what exactly I was watching, and--in the case of one--how come I get to stay up on a Church night.
So, as I gave them my death-glare--I can glare down anyone (unless they grin at me while I'm glaring at them, which throws me off and causes me to grin, too); it's my special power--, I wondered why people yell through the house.
My goal; to not yell through the house at all as much too often.
Thanks for reading!
~Bekah the Bookworm

Comments

  1. Ha, this is funny! I can relate. If I'm watching something quietly by myself, everyone wants to know about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad i'm not the only one who feels that way ^_^!

      Delete
  2. I wonder the same thing too. (The curling up reading a Percy Jackson book thing is true too.)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're--Percy Jackson books--are just so good! And when you get into the comfortable spot, you just can't move!

      Delete
  3. Oh, yeah we do this all the time. It's kinda funny rly bc sometimes the person ur yelling for is standing right beside u (I'm not speaking from experience at all... Hehe...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that move, my dear; you're totally speaking from experience ;)

      Delete
  4. Even though I am the youngest of three (I have two older brothers)
    I still agree because when I was younger--I get to stay up with them now that I'm older-- I HATED it when one or both of my brothers got to stay up watching a show, movie or playing video games and always thought it was unfair--like any younger kid that watches people do or get something and they can't have or get to do themselves would think-- and that is the younger/youngest of the family child's side of the story. The End.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I nominated you for a blog tag, but please don't feel obligated to do it unless you want to. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts