My Thoughts on Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

That's right, readers. After 3 months, I've finally gotten around to re-reading the second Harry Potter book as to make a review! Yay!

Ok, so, let's begin!
(Oh, and, for those of you who are unaware, this blog series is called "My Thoughts on", because that's exactly what it is. It's not an organized review, it's random thoughts that popped into my head as I read the book. But, I find it's fairly interesting, so please read on!)

SPOILER ALERT; MEGA SPOILERS AHEAD!

Grr! I hate the Dursleys! Hate, hate, hate...

I know he means well, but I got pretty irritated at Dobby. He got Harry in SOOO much trouble, it isn't even funny!

AH! I LOVE THE WEASLEYS!!!! I CANNOT EXPRESS MY LOVE FOR THEM PROPERLLY! AHH!!!!!!!!

Wait.... if Fred and George are only 2 years older than Ron (in the first book they were third years), then how do they know how to drive a Muggle car? AH, FRED AND GEORGE ARE SO COOL I LOVE THEM! What was I just thinking about? Meh, I don't care...

Wow. I would NOT want to get Mrs. Weasley angry!

Oh, right! I can't believe I forgot that we don't meet Mr. Weasley until this book.

Haha, poor Percy... maybe, if he wasn't such a show-off, he wouldn't be the center of Fred and George's jokes...

Floo Powder doesn't sound like a great way of travel...

Hagrid to the rescue! 

Lockhart, grr...!

Lucius Malfoy, grr...!

GET HIM, MR. WEASLEY, GET HIM!!!

Flying cars are always the answer (Phineas and Ferb agree).

OOH, BAD TIMING, SNAPE!! I CAN'T BELEIVE HE HEARD THAT!!!!

Dumbledore can be worse, Harry. Wait 'till book 4... 

Lockhart, I hate you, lala-dee-doo...

BAD DRACO! HOW DARE YOU CALL HERMIONE A MUDBLOOD!?!?!?!

Poor Ron, who'd want to burp slugs?

Nearly Headless Nick is my favorite ghost, and he's very scary!

When I saw the movie, I thought the writing on the wall was written in blood, not paint.

FLINCH IS A SQUIB, FLINCH IS A SQUIB!!!! I have no pity for the jerk.

Ah, murderous Bludger!...That Dobby enchanted. Sigh.

HARRY TALKS TO SNAKES!!!! 

Who'd want to look like Crabbe and Goyle?! Gag!

I knew it wasn't Draco. Bleh, they had to drink Slytherin hair for nothing!

Poor Ginny! I love her poem... song... thing...

Tom is very sly (Tom Riddle, that is). If any of my readers watch the show Adventure Time (I only watch the Fionna and Cake episodes), can you agree with me that Marshall Lee's Bad Little Boy song would be great for Tom?

GASP IT GOT HERMIONE. NOT GOOD.

Oh, shut it, Malfoy. Dumbledore will return.

I. Hate. Spiders.

GINNY! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Well, that's a way to get arid of Lockhart... Haha...

LOCKHART'S A PHONY, LOCKHART'S A PHONY!!!!!! Ha, I knew it from the beginning! I loathe that son of a motherless goat...

Moaning Myrtle's death actually is quite tragic.

DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE--ah, sorry, wrong book... DOWN THE SINK DRAIN!

Try to erase Harry and Ron's minds, eh? WELL, HOW'D THAT WORK FOR YOU, LOCKHART!?

I hate Tom. Hate, hate, hate... and, poor Ginny! She thought Tom actually cared about her thoughts and problems.

That's actually pretty clever, shuffling the letters of his name to spell out I AM LORD VOLDEMORT.

EPIC BATTLE SCENE!!!!!!!!

Well, joke's on you, Tom; phoenix tears have healing powers, as you so foolishly forgot.

"Oh, well...I'd just been thinking...if you had died, you'd have been welcome to share my toilet," said Myrtle, blushing silver. Ha! Harry and Myrtle, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

Told you, Malfoy; Dumbledore's back >:)

Dobby is a free elf!

"Least I could do, Dobby," said Harry, grinning. "Just promise never to try and save my life again." Guess what happens the next time Dobby saves Harry?

Ah, happy endings :)

So, to sum it up; AHHH, I LOVE THIS BOOK! The Malfoy's are jerks, Lockhart's a snob, Colin's the ultimate fan-boy, and I love the Weasley's! But, there's only one thing to say to the ending... PERCY'S GOT A GIRLFRIEND, PERCY'S GOT A GIRLFRIEND!

Thanks for reading!

~Bekah the Bookworm

Comments

Popular Posts