: & ;

Hey, readers!

I was just writing in a story of mine, and I stared at the screen doing nothing for 3 minutes. No joke, I wasted 3 minutes of my day staring at the screen of this laptop because something had stumped me.

You might be wondering, "What on this good earth was causing you to spend so much time doing nothing?"

I was confused by the age old question that has stumped philosophers since it's invention; "Should I use ':', or should I use ';'?"

Seriously, does any one know?!

Thanks for reading!
~Bekah the Bookworm

Comments

  1. I think it's...I'M SORRY I DON'T KNOW I AM SO UNSURE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... But maybe you should ask your teacher... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It depends on what the sentence is, but here's a tip: never use a semicolon (;) directly after a preposition or a verb.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts