Book Blogger Problems Tag

Howdy readers! 

I originally wrote and finished this post on the 23rd of June. However, I had been using the Blogger app on my iPad; long-story-short, I didn’t know what I was doing and the post ended up deleting, with the exception of the title. 
*lone tear slides down cheek*

Anyway, Ilse the Imaginer tagged me for a tag she made up, which is called Book Blogger Problems. I am a book blogger with problems, so here I am to be it!
(Get it? She tagged me? Like, “Tag you’re it”? As in the game, not the song? Yeah, ok, moving on…)




Rules
1. Link back to the blogger who tagged you (Ilse)
2. Put the photo seen above on your post
3. Type up a maximum of 10 problems you’ve experienced as a book blogger
4. Tag more bloggers!
5. If you accept the tag, comment the link to your post to Ilse The Imaginer (see link on rule 1)



PROBLEMS

1. Bad/Uninteresting Books
I occasionally go to the library and I pick up a book that I end up disliking, for various reasons. I don’t really have motivation to blog about books that I don’t care for, yet at the same time I feel like a book is a book and I should blog about something.

2. Inappropriate Themes
That moment when you’re reading a book and then an interesting scene pops up and you'er just sitting there like,

3. Library Books
I get the majority of the books I read from the library. This is generally wonderful, until it comes to blogging. When the majority of the books you read are from the library, the majority of the books you blog about are from the library. I personally find it very challenging to blog about library books, because I finish reading them around 3a.m., so I can’t blog immediately. I then have lots of normal-life activities I have to accomplish, and I get distracted by stuff, and library books have a time limit, so I just get really flustered. (Does anyone know how to, via the internet, prolong a book borrowment? I’ve heard of it being done, I just have no clue how to do it)

4. Other Ideas
I am a book blogger. The title of my blog is “Bekah the Bookworm”, for crying out loud! However, sometimes I want to blog about other things. I feel like people are only willing to put up with so much of my randomness before getting tired and impatient, but I just can’t force myself to book-blog 24/7 because of a lack of…

5. Creativity/Motivation
This may surprise everyone in the universe, but I am not a overflowing fountain of motivation. I have to have that lasting, “BAM! This book is amazing I need to review it right now” feeling about a book to really want to review it. I also like having creativity in my posts, so that they’re not boring to read.

6. Commitment 
Though it isn’t really enforced all that much, my family has a “only 30 mins on electronic device per day” rule. I always get on the computer and say to myself, “I’m going to blog today.” Then I end up laughing over Undertale comic dubs for 3 hours. I hate it when I do that, because I love my readers, and I love blogging; I feel like there should be a level of commitment to my blog and its readers, but at the same time, I have other non-blogging interests that I want to spend my time on.

7. Entering the Blogosphere to Blog…
…and binge-reading your followed blogs instead. 

8. Love/Hate Relationship 
Book blogging can be hard for some people, myself included. But, I love blogging about books! I love sharing my joy of literature with others! True, there are some moments when I hate loving book blogging, and other moments when I love hating book blogging. But, either way, I will never stop blogging about what I love.

I tag anyone who has read a book that they liked, despite having problems with it.
(If you accept the tag, please share the book that "legalizes" your post)



Alrighty, there you go! Sorry for sort of “stealing” two of Ilse’s answers, but they’re legitimate and I can relate.


Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. I so relate to liking books despite their problems! For instance, books that have inappropriate scenes, yet have a fascinating plot and aren't entirely bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, prolonging book borrowment is called renewing your books. I'm not sure how to do it, but if you have a library account you can probably figure it out.
    I don't think I'm going to do this tag on my blog (I enjoyed reading yours, though!), but I will say that "Flowers for Algernon" is the most problematic book I've read that I sort of liked for its general idea.
    Btw, I'm reading a book called "Voracious" by Cara Nicoletti (okay, I picked it up because it was a book that no one was reading at the moment), and I think you'd enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, ok.
      Glad you liked it!
      Alrighty, I shall look it up.

      Delete
  3. SQUIRRELS. Squirrels, Bekah, squirrels.

    --Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My master is good and smart, he gave me this collar so that I may SQUIRREL
      ...
      My master is good and smart

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts