Beautiful Books (Dec. 2014)

Image result for books
I wish modern books still had covers like this
Hey, people of the world!

I'm going to skip the “Beautiful Books” of Oct. and Nov., and just jump right into Dec.
I will be using the only book I ever finished, Best FrAnimals Forever *gags*
(Beautiful People/Books/Authors was created by bloggers Cait and Sky.)

On a scale of 1 (worst) to 10 (best) how well do you think this book turned out?
Ugh, 2-3.

Have you ever rewritten or edited one of your books before? If so, what do you do to prepare yourself? If not, what’s your plan?
Yeah, sorta... I tried to rewrite it last year, but I just couldn't. All I did was reread it, shiver and think “this is terrible, I'm redoing it.”

What’s your final word count? Do you plan to lengthen or trim your book?
Yikes, not much… It was mid-20,000s. I'd planned to lengthen it, but oh well.

What are you most proud of? Plot, characters, or pacing?
Ugh… None of those were good… I started the book when I was 10 and finished at 11, and it was my second “book” I'd started on, so all of those need serious work.

What’s your favorite bit of prose or line from this novel?
The villain, a demon named Freeman, was very poetic and wrote poems to the girls a lot. They were pretty decent.

What aspect of your book needs the most work?
*gestures to entire novel*

What aspect of your book is your favourite?
Um… Maybe the friendship feel?

How are your characters? Well-rounded, or do they still need to be fleshed out?
They all need to be fleshed out.

If you had to do it over again, what would you change about the whole process?
Everything, honestly.

Did anything happen in the book that completely surprised you? Have any scenes or characters turned out differently to what you planned? Good or bad?
Well, not really. When I was feeling writers block, I asked my friend Karis for help, and she wrote two chapters… Those surprised me in a posotive manner.

What was the theme and message? Do you think they came across? If not, is there anything you could do to bring them out more?
It didn't really have a message or theme, besides maybe “friendship is important”.

Do you like writing with a deadline (like NaNoWriMo) or do you prefer to write-as-it-comes?
Deadlines stress me out but I generally work better in them. Nonetheless, I'm generally a write-as-it-comes.

Comparative title time! What published books, movies, or TV shows are like your book? (Ex: Inkheart meets X-Men.)
It's a lot like Toyko Mewmew, that manga/TV show, and MLP;FiM.

How do you celebrate a finished novel?!
At the time of when I was still proud of it, I sent it to everyone I knew and bragged to my book club for a month. I haven't finished a full length book since then, so idk how more mature, humble me would rejoice.

When people are done reading your book, what feeling do you want them to come away with?
“That was terrible but hey she was only 11 let's cut her some slack.”




Thanks for reading!
~Bekah the Bookworm

Comments

  1. Oh, yes, I remember Best FrAnimals Forever! And you started a sequel, didn't you? Ah, yes, I recall. *reminisces*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did, and compared to it's original it's decent, but the whole concept was sorta-- eh.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts