My Thoughts on Moana

Hello, my fellow Disney fanatics! 

I figured I should pause my Beautiful People spam and post something new, so here's my thoughts on Disney's new movie Moana (without spoilers this time).  

And, good job, you guys at Disney; y'all outdid yourselves. Moana is a fantastic film all around. 

The animation is stunning, the songs are catchy, the story is intriguing, and the characters are great! 

I especially like how it wasn't all "go, go, girl power!" I appreciated how it was realistic in that she needed help and guidance, wasn't sure in herself, and had to have help to build confidence to take it all on. That bit of realism was great! 

The songs were all great, however my favorites were "How Far I'll Go", "You're Welcome" (who knew The Rock could sing so well?), "Shiny", and "Know Who You Are". My big brother and I also go around the house singing along to "Where You Are" (he and I bond with duets).

I loved the dynamic between Moana and Maui, and her family bond is also great... I love her father's backstory. And, guys, both of her parents were alive. And I think they're adorable. Especially in that ending scene when they take each others hand and smile so fondly at each other before walking off. That's like two, three seconds and it had me smiling contentedly. Disney should have more alive parents. Also, Grandma Tala is the BEST.

The animation and visuals were also stunning. 

Overall, great film, totally loved it, silently shipping Moana and Maui because I'm the weird minority who feels like shipping everything, etc., etc., etc. 

If y'all have since the film, what do y'all think?

Thanks for reading! 
~Bekah the Bookworm

Comments

  1. I SO loved Moana! I wouldn't say I ship Moana and Maui, but I do love that it's realistic in that she can't completely go it alone! I think in narrative characters that get tired and hungry and can't do everything are too often considered "weak," when in fact we're all just people and have our limits. And the parents! (I loved her parents. :D) And the Grandmother, OF COURSE, is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME, AH! And, it's fine, I know it's odd to ship them. Indeed! And, yes, the parents and Grandma Tala were great! Glad we agree on the movie being great!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts